Time to see if I did Tuesday's To Do. . .
Oh yes, so done. As I write this on Wednesday night, I am still glowing over my purchases. One of the items I had my eye on during "drop off" was gone, but otherwise I got what I wanted, and stayed within budget.
Here is how I did it:
(1) I made of list of desired items for each child.
(2) I used the list. This sale is huge, and there are lots of shiny, plastic things which can distract a person like me. Having a list was key.
(3) I decided how much to spend and only brought cash.
(4) Since I only had cash, I had to stop before checkout, add it all up, and put a few things back.
(5) My checkout girl was nice. I miscalculated the tax and was 30 cents short. She handed me a dollar and then insisted I keep the change. Insisted. Said she didn't want to hold it. So, technically, I made 70 cents?
Either way, I came home with a bag full of goodies, and no regrets. The sweetest part may have been making Hubby endure my "Look What I Bought!" show. He nodded and smiled as I revealed each item, with a flourish and pause for dramatic effect. So as to properly appreciate each purchase, of course. I love that part.
You should go check it out if you live here. It is going on until Saturday . . . have fun!